What you need:
Small cardboard box (reduce, reuse recycle!)
Pink or red paper for cutting out hearts (if desired, use the template to print 6 hearts to a page)
Used postage stamps cut off envelopes
Stamps and stamp pad for “cancelling” the stamps
Crayons or markers
“Treasures” to put in the box, like rocks, feathers, pom poms, buttons, beads, or other found objects
Step 1: Cut postage stamps off envelopes.
2. Print out the heart template on pink or red paper. (It's fine to skip this step and just cut a heart from whatever paper you have on hand!
3. Cut out hearts.
4. Glue old postage stamps onto box using glue stick. Decorate the box with crayons, markers, or stickers. Write a pretend address if you desire, or address it to a friend or family member.
5. "Cancel” the stamps with whatever rubber stamps you have on hand.
6. Write a love note to someone you love.
7. Fill your box with treasures, add your heart, and give it to someone special!
Pro tip: avoid the problem of kids cutting one heart out of the center of piece of paper by printing out this heart template that fits six hearts to a page. I like to print it onto pink card stock.